La-Mulana 2 Walkthrough: Divine Fortress & Valhalla Guardian | Part 2
We continue our quest in Eg-Lana in Part 2 of the full puzzle solution walkthrough, quickly showing you the most important steps you need to progress in La-Mulana 2.
[Get more daily La-Mulana 2 guides. Subscribe to GuideRanx on YouTube!]
Welcome to part 2 of the La-Mulana 2 walkthrough, breaking down everything you need to know to make progress in one of the trickiest indie puzzle-platformers around. You can find an abbreviated video above, that breaks down each area to the basic elements you need to know about — how to solve the trickiest puzzles, and what items you need to progress. It isn’t always easy to know what puzzles you can solve in this game.
La-Mulana 2 is the kickstarter sequel to La-Mulana, an early Japanese indie that gained a huge cult following. It’s a cryptic game that’s full of challenging puzzles. Like, really challenging — by the end of that game, I challenge any sane player to reach the end without a guide. And it took entirely way too long for the community to provide the support we desperately needed. That’s why we’re here to guide you through the many, many puzzles of Eg-Lana.
More La-Mulana 2 guides on Gameranx:
- La-Mulana 2 Walkthrough: How To Beat The Roots of Yggdrasil | Part 1
- La-Mulana 2 Walkthrough: Annwfn & Annwfn Guardian | Part 3
- La-Mulana 2 Walkthrough: Hunting Ratatoskr, Crystal Skulls & Key Items | Part 4
- La-Mulana 2: How To Unlock Hard Mode | Secrets Guide
- La-Mulana 2: How To Get The Chain Whip Upgrade | Double Damage Guide
- La-Mulana 2: All Mantra Locations & Second Meanings | Locations Guide
- La-Mulana 2: How to Combine Apps For Bonuses | App Combos List
- La-Mulana 2: How To Get The Flail Whip | All 4 Sigil Locations Guide
- La-Mulana 2: How To Get The Double-Jump Feather Early | Treasure Guide
- La-Mulana 2: All 10 Sacred Orb Locations | Health Upgrades Guide
Divine Fortress & Valhalla Guardian | Part 2
For the second part of this walkthrough, we’re going to go in-depth and show you how to mostly “complete” the Divine Fortress, and defeat the Guardian of Valhalla. There’s a lot of stuff we need to get, so let’s continue exploring.
- How To Access The Divine Fortress: After defeating the first Guardian, you’ll acquire the Crystal Skull.
- Find the locked door in the Roots of Ygdrassil with a single blue orb. For every Crystal Skull you carry, one of the blue orbs will disappear. Remove them all from a door to unlock it.
- How To Solve The First Divine Fortress Puzzle: Throw a shuriken at the statue on the far side of the room, past the laser wall to deactivate it.
- Divine Fortress Map: In the room with the chest, place a weight on the pressure pad.
- Origin Sigil: Defeat the sub-boss Hugin and Munin in the Divine Fortress to unlock the chest. A fairly straightforward boss fight.
- With the sigil, you can now remove the red seals in the area. Touch them to remove them.
- Sacred Orb Location: Found in the Divine Fortress. Solve the puzzle with several pressure pads and gates — just place weights to activate all the pads to unlock the chest.
- Ankh Jewel Location: Below the dwarf brother’s abode, you can access a chest with the Ankh Jewel. To unlock it, collect the Origin Sigil and remove the red seal in the room.
- Valhalla Entrance: The door to Valhalla is in the same room as the dwarf brothers Brokk and Sindri. To reach it, climb down and step on the plate above the blue laser gate. Deactivate the laser, and go through the hallway. At the top of the ladder, hit the second plate to unlock the door.
- How To Fight The Valhalla Sub-Boss: To fight the sub-boss for this area, you need to summon his by defeating his two “sons” — then entering his boss arena. The sub-boss is located in a large room in Valhalla with two pillars and a red chair. Remove the red sigil on the left to unlock it. Defeat the two gold enemies in this area, and the sub-boss will appear in his arena.
- Future Development Company App: Purchase this app from Bargain Duck in Valhalla for 100 coins. That allows you to fast-travel in the “back-side” areas like Valhalla.
- Caltrops Location: Found in Valhalla, solve the “Sit To Proceed” puzzle. When approaching the weight plate, duck and crawl to avoid the laser. Place the weight and the caltrops will appear.
- How to Access the Valhalla Guardian: Whip the prisoner (a strange figure that teleports away after you whip him) — do this three times, until he arrives in a room with an old man that won’t talk to you. Whip him a last time, then talk to the old man in the same room — he’ll remove the gate in the lower-right corner.
- Enter the new path, and the Valhalla Ankh will appear. Use the jewel to access the boss fight — you’ll encounter Vritra.
- Guardian Boss Reward: For defeating the boss, you’ll be rewarded with the Scalesphere. The Scalesphere allows you to breath underwater.