Destiny 2: How To Access A Secret Mission & Unlock Black Spindle Variant | Exotics Guide
Find a secret mission and unlock a Black Spindle Exotic Variant in Destiny 2. All you have to do is chase a named Taken Knight on Io.
Here’s something totally new — wide-eyed Destiny 2 players have found a secret mission you can access in the Lost Oasis area on Io. This bonus mission doesn’t just lead you into a secret area, it also unlocks a special variant of the Black Spindle Exotic. This is all extremely random, but you can hop in and give this stuff a try yourself. It seems to be totally new, too.
Finding the secret quest (and completing it) will earn you a Sniper Rifle called the ‘Whisper of the Worm’ — and it appears to be Taken themed. It’s all ethereal black, with a texture that’s pretty similar to the strange aura applied to the Taken faction of enemies.
More Destiny 2: Warmind DLC guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – Spire of Stars Raid Lair Guide | How To Complete Every Step
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – How To Get To Power Level 385 | Fastest PL Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – Sleeper Node Locations & Hint Solutions Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – How To Get Started | Everything New You Need To Know
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – All Mars Region Chests Locations | Treasure Hunter Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – Warsat Down Public Event | Heroic Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – All 45 Data Fragments Locations | Worldline Zero Exotic Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – How To Get The Sleeper Simulant Exotic | Secret Quest Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – How To Get Override Frequencies & Unlock Sleeper Nodes
How To Access A Secret Mission & Unlock Black Spindle Variant
To get the Black Spindle Exotic variant, you’ll need to find and complete the secret mission — called “The Whisper” — on Io. Actually accessing this bonus mission is kind of complicated, so let’s break down the steps.
- How To Start The Secret Mission | The Whisper
- Go to Io, and enter the Lost Oasis area.
- Wait for a Public Event to begin — specifically, the Taken Blight Public Event. Jump in when the event begins.
- Watch for a named Taken Knight enemy to spawn. When it does, it will retreat into a nearby cave. Follow it into the cave and defeat it before it escapes.
- A warp will appear after killing the Taken Knight. Enter it to access a secret Lost Sector.
- In the Lost Sector, you’ll be able to access a hidden area that begins the mission.
Completing ‘The Whisper’ will unlock the ‘Whisper of the Worm’ — a strange black variant of the Black Spindle Sniper Rifle.
More Destiny 2 guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: 10 Things You Should Know Before Starting | Beginner’s Guide
- Destiny 2: Here’s How End-Game Power Levels Work | 260+ PL Guide
- Destiny 2: Soccer Balls, Lava Skins & Bonus Keys | New Social Easter Eggs
- Destiny 2: What Role Is Best For You? | Titan, Warlock & Hunter Class Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get Legendary Shards | Exotic Currency Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Earn (Or Buy) A Sparrow | Mount Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get All New Subclasses | Artifact Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Unlock The Crucible | PVP Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get The Scout Commander Aura | Farm Secrets Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get Every Exotic Weapon | All Exotics List
- Destiny 2: How To Get Exotic Engrams | Farming Method Guide
- Destiny 2: Legendary “Loot Cave” Engram Farming | 260+ PL Guide
- Destiny 2: How to Beat Dominus Ghaul | Final Boss Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Unlock Flashpoints | “In A Flash” Trophy Guide