Top Upcoming Open World RPG Video Games Of 2019
The very best upcoming open world RPG titles launching in 2019.
Enjoy open world RPG titles that you can easily sink several hours into? 2019 is quickly approaching and that means a whole new year filled with video game releases. You’ll want to keep this list bookmarked as we’ll continue to update after new game announcements.
Within this particular list we cover the most anticipated open world RPG video game titles slated to launch in 2019. Of course we want to know what you favorite open world RPG title is of 2019 by leaving a comment down below.
Find more featured lists on Gameranx:
- Top Upcoming PC Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Action RPG Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Action-Adventure Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Narrative Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Xbox One Games in 2019
- Top Upcoming PlayStation 4 Exclusives of 2019
- Top Upcoming PlayStation 4 Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming JRPG Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Cooperative Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Nintendo Switch Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Nintendo Switch Exclusives of 2019
- Top Upcoming Action Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Exploration Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Zombie Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Horror Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Open World RPG Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Xbox One Exclusives of 2019
- Top Upcoming RPG Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming FPS Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Adventure Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Open World Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Third-Person Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Sci-Fi Video Games of 2019
Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2
- Developer: Massive Entertainment
- Publisher: Ubisoft
- Platforms: PC, PS4, XBO
- Release: March 15, 2019
Tom Clancy’s The Division is receiving a sequel after it was unveiled during Ubisoft’s E3 2018 press conference. Within the game setting, players will be tossed back into the world after a few months from the first title. However, there is a brand new enemy focus within The United States of America. Apparently, within the game, the government had become a prime enemy forcing civilians into harsh realities filled with strict rules and punishments.
Players will step into an agent of The Division as they seek out to end a new civil war and make the nation stable once again. This second installment to the game franchise also seems to offer a more open world experience for players. While we’re waiting to see just how open this game will be, developers are looking to continuously add new content.
Already the development studio had confirmed that there is free expansion DLC coming to the game within the first year. With a total of three coming in the first year, gamers will find expanded story narratives to go through along with additional activities.
Kingdom Hearts III
- Developer: Square Enix
- Publisher: Square Enix
- Platforms: PS4, XBO
- Release: January 29, 2019
We’re finally getting the next main installment to the Kingdom Hearts franchise in 2019. Kingdom Hearts III will see new Disney worlds with Sora as he battles the evil heartless. However, what may be more interesting for fans is that the upcoming game will include more open world environments.
This is still very much an action role-playing video game that fans of the series will be familiar with. However, the development team behind the upcoming installment has stated that there will be more open world type levels for players to explore. This will also tie into the overall gameplay of Kingdom Hearts III making it a bit more unique than past installments.
The Surge 2
- Developer: Deck13 Interactive
- Publisher: Focus Home Interactive
- Platforms: PC, PS4, XBO
- Release: 2019
Note: Trailer and images are from The Surge.
Deck 13 Interactive is releasing a sequel to their The Surge franchise that came out back in 2017. The video game was an action role-playing hit as the game was set in the future where most of the world’s resources had been consumed. Humanity has begun to use augmentations, mixing flesh with metal advancements to help them in their daily activities.
Players can expect the sequel to follow the events of the first title though they will be going through the game as a new protagonist. While we don’t know too much about the game yet, we do know that the setting will be taking place in a city and that levels will be a more open world. While the game is not a totally open world, developers are making the levels more open for exploration.
- Developer: BioWare
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
- Platforms: PC, PS4, XBO
- Release: March 2019
Anthem is quite a big game already. Being developed by BioWare, the studio had originally hoped to see the game release in 2018, but it has since been delayed for an early 2019 launch. The game is set in the distant future where humanity has colonized other worlds. However, not all of these worlds are filled with friendly creatures.
Players will be taking on the role of a Freelancer which is an elite member that is capable of exploring the world. However, in order to do so, you’ll have to equip a Javelin which is a mech style suit that can allow players to traverse great distances along with fighting off hostilities along the way.