State of Decay 2: How To Complete All Four Legacy Goals In A Single Run | Endings Guide
You don’t have to play through State of Decay 2 four times to unlock 100% of the achievements — you can complete all four endings in a single run. Here’s how to save yourself some time.
Instead of a traditional story, State of Decay 2 has four legacy goals you’ll need to complete to officially beat a campaign. After finishing the legacy goal, you’ll be booted back into the main menu, your community will be deleted, and you’ll get the option to start a new community from scratch — with your hero survivors saved, and a new legacy boon you can use.
That’s all cool, but it’s going to take a lot of work to reestablish four different communities. There’s a way to actually avoid all that grinding and play through all four legacy goals in a single community — no deletions required. Well, there is one deletion required.
To successfully pull this off, you’ll need to delete your save file after every completion. It sounds like a bad idea, but I’ll explain how it all works in the full guide below.
More State of Decay 2 guides on Gameranx:
- State of Decay 2: 16 Advanced Tips To Help You Beat The Campaign Fast | Easy Completion Guide
- State of Decay 2: Beginner’s Guide | Tips To Help You Survive The Zombie Apocalypse
- State of Decay 2: Move Items From Your Vehicle Straight To Base Inventory | Looting Guide
- State of Decay 2: How To Cure (Or Delay) The Blood Plague | Infection Treatment Guide
- State of Decay 2: Here’s The Best Way To Destroy Plague Hearts | Combat Strategy Guide
- State of Decay 2: How To Earn More Influence Faster | Best Farming Methods
- State of Decay 2: How To Unlock Artillery Strikes | Best Radio Command Guide
- State of Decay 2: How To Manage & Improve Your Community | Base Happiness Guide
- State of Decay 2: How To Kill Juggernauts (Without Dying) | Easy Freaks Guide
- State of Decay 2: Everything You Need To Know About Outposts | Power, Water, Artillery & More
- State of Decay 2: Sheriff Legacy Goal Walkthrough | Endings Guide
How To Complete All Four Legacy Goals In A Single Run | Endings Guide
Using this method, you’ll be able to complete all four legacy goals in a single community, instead of restarting your community after finishing each individual run. While it will still take time to get all four hero types and complete their end-game quests, you won’t have to destroy all 10 Plague Hearts or rebuild a community from the ground up.
- How To Complete More Than One Legacy In A Single Run:
- Destroy all 10 Plague Hearts, and begin the legacy goal quests. Once you reach the final stage, you’ll get a pop-up that states you’ll permanently end the community when you complete the mission.
- Select “Not Yet” and then exit to the main menu to force an autosave.
- NOTE: Cloud Saving is required for this trick to work.
- Return to the community and select “Yes” to begin the legacy goal mission.
- Complete the mission, then wait for the legacy goal achievement to pop. When it does, press [Home] -> [Options] on State of Decay 2 -> Manage game & add-ons.
- Find “Saved Data” and select your account. Choose to delete the local save data.
- Select “Delete From Console” only.
- This will close the game. Start the game back up, and you’ll be able to continue your community with the legacy goal you just finished still complete!
- Now you can make a different hero, with a different goal, your community leader — you’ll need to exile the current leader. Complete the second legacy goal, repeat the save file deletion trick, and move on to the third / fourth legacy goals.
By following these steps, you can complete all four goals without replaying from the very beginning. There’s still a lot of work and heavy lifting involved, but it’s worth it if you want to make earning all the achievements way easier.