Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – How To Get Override Frequencies & Unlock Sleeper Nodes
Found a weird box that says “Override Frequency Required”? Here’s how to open those loot caches in the Destiny 2 Warmind DLC.
If you’ve been playing around on Mars in the Destiny 2: Warmind DLC, you’ve probably seen one or two weird floating caches. These boxes require something called an “Override Frequency” to unlock, and it’s going to take a long time to start actually getting these things.
The weird chests provide bonus loot and are required for the Sleeper Simulant Exotic Quest. There’s a long, complicated process you’ll have to take just to open a single one, and it’s going to take a little bit of grinding to get enough materials to crack these suckers open. If you’re totally confused, we’ll explain everything you need to know about those “Override Frequency Required” chests.
More Destiny 2: Warmind DLC guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – Spire of Stars Raid Lair Guide | How To Complete Every Step
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – How To Get To Power Level 385 | Fastest PL Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – Sleeper Node Locations & Hint Solutions Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – Rasputin Mystery Leads To Real Valkyrie Spear
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – How To Get Started | Everything New You Need To Know
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – All Mars Region Chests Locations | Treasure Hunter Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – Warsat Down Public Event | Heroic Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – All 45 Data Fragments Locations | Worldline Zero Exotic Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – How To Get The Sleeper Simulant Exotic | Secret Quest Guide
How To Get Override Frequencies & Unlock Sleeper Nodes
Weird black loot caches (called Sleeper Nodes) are hidden everywhere on Mars. You’ll find them in odd corners, in secret alcoves, and everywhere in between. There are strange caches literally all over the place, and there are dozens of them to find. Each one is partially unique — only a specific Override Frequency key will open one.
Confused yet? Here’s the basic Sleeper Node rundown.
- How To Open Sleeper Nodes:
- To open “Override Frequency Required” chests, you’ll need to get Override Frequency keys.
- Override Frequencies can only be unlocked after completing the main story.
- After meeting Zavala, go talk to Ana Bray on Mars. Eventually you’ll get an Exotic Pursuit quest. At this point, you can begin collecting materials required for Sleeper Nodes.
- How To Get Override Frequency Keys:
- To get an Override Frequency Key, you must get Resonance Stems. For every four Resonance Stems, you’ll get an Override Frequency Key.
- How To Get Resonance Stems:
- Resonance Stems are special items you’ll get from events on Mars. Complete Lost Sectors, defeat VIPs (or bosses), complete Public Events, open loot chests, or play Escalation Protocols. Any reward loot chest can drop a Resonance Stem.
After unlocking an Override Frequency key, check your inventory — each key has a clue to the specific Sleeper Node the key will unlock. You can’t just unlock any node you want to, unfortunately.
You’ll have to unlock 15 Sleeper Nodes to complete the fourth step of the Sleeper Simulation Exotic Quest.
More Destiny 2 guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: 10 Things You Should Know Before Starting | Beginner’s Guide
- Destiny 2: Here’s How End-Game Power Levels Work | 260+ PL Guide
- Destiny 2: Soccer Balls, Lava Skins & Bonus Keys | New Social Easter Eggs
- Destiny 2: What Role Is Best For You? | Titan, Warlock & Hunter Class Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get Legendary Shards | Exotic Currency Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Earn (Or Buy) A Sparrow | Mount Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get All New Subclasses | Artifact Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Unlock The Crucible | PVP Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get The Scout Commander Aura | Farm Secrets Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get Every Exotic Weapon | All Exotics List
- Destiny 2: How To Get Exotic Engrams | Farming Method Guide
- Destiny 2: Legendary “Loot Cave” Engram Farming | 260+ PL Guide
- Destiny 2: How to Beat Dominus Ghaul | Final Boss Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Unlock Flashpoints | “In A Flash” Trophy Guide