Far Cry 5: How To Earn Resistance Points Fast | Campaign Progression Guide
Unlock those main story missions faster with this quick guide, showing how you can earn RP — and how much RP you’ll need to finish each region.
Resistance Points (or RP) is how you progress the story in Far Cry 5. There are tons of activities you can take part in around Hope County, Montana and all of them contribute to your resistance meter. Filling the resistance meter leads to a battle with the regional dictator — one of the Seed sibling leaders of the cult — and if you want to stop Eden’s Gate for good, you’ll have to take down all three Project bosses to draw Joseph Seed into one final confrontation.
The more you fill the resistance meter, the more the region changes. At first, when the cult’s grip is strongest, you’ll encounter creepy rituals and constant harassment. As the resistance grows stronger, you’ll find more safe zones guarded by locals — and the cult will push back. Cultists will block off roads, begin capturing (or drugging) civilians, or send airplanes to hunt you down.
If you’re looking to get the story done quicker, there are certain activities that will give you the most RP, the fastest. Here, we’re going to give you a complete overview of RP, how to get it, and what it takes to complete all three regions.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $38.99Was: $59.99
Price: $39.99Was: $59.99
Price: $43.87Was: $49.99
Price: $36.80Was: $59.99
Price: $26.98Was: $29.99
Price: Check on Amazon
More Far Cry 5 guides on Gameranx:
- Far Cry 5: How To Beat The Game In 10 Minutes | Easter Egg Ending Guide
- Far Cry 5: All Animal Companions Guide | Where To Get The Dog, Bear & Lion
- Far Cry 5: How To Find Every Collectible Type | Pack Rat Guide
- Far Cry 5: How To Unlock Every Fishing Rod | Master Angler Guide
- Far Cry 5: Find Alien Objects In Weird Side-Missions | ‘Science Fact’ Guide
- Far Cry 5: What You Can Buy With Microtransactions | Silver Bars Guide
How To Earn Resistance Points Fast
The best way to earn resistance points is to complete story missions and Gun-for-Hire missions — both of those give the lots of RP, but they aren’t always available. The next best thing are outpost liberations. The map is covered in outposts, and it helps to complete some of the minor, minor RP-earning tasks while you’re traveling between outposts, or even while you’re in an outpost.
If there’s a gun-for-hire job available, it’s best to take it. When you’re all out of those, you can liberate outposts while destroying silos, smashing shrines, blowing up VIPs / supply vehicles, and saving hostages. All the minor activities are worth doing in conjunction with outposts, but they’re not worth tracking down alone. There’s no reason to run around and only complete these minor jobs.
- All RP-Earning Activities
- 600-900 RP: Story Missions
- 600-900 RP: Gun for Hire Missions
- 400 RP: Liberate Outposts
- 200 RP: Clutch Nixon Challenge
- 100-200 RP: Side-Missions
- 100 RP: Destroy Silos
- 100 RP: Destroy Shrines
- 75 RP: Destroy Roadblocks
- 75 RP: Destroy Supply Vehicles
- 50 RP: Save Hostages
- 50 RP: Kill Cult VIPs
There are three regions you’ll need to liberate from cult control, and each one is ruled by an evil brother or sister of Joseph Seed, the leader of the cult. As you progress through the region meters, you’ll reach different levels of Resistance. Each time you go up a level, you’ll be treated to a cutscene — and things will change in the region. More allies will appear, and new enemies will also make your life more difficult.
To unlock the story mission of each region, you’ll need to earn a set amount of RP.
- John’s Region: 13,000 RP
- Jacob’s Region: 10,000 RP
- Faith’s Region: 13,000 RP
At every stage of the resistance, events will occur in the region — each region has its own special events. Faith will spread drugs throughout her territory, while Jacob hunts and captures more civilians for his cult initiation techniques.
- Level 1:
- The resistance is at its weakest. The cult operates openly everywhere.
- Level 2:
- The resistance begins taking back locations and defending them.
- The cult reacts with special events. Drugging, kidnapping, or blocking roads.
- Level 3:
- The resistance fights back everywhere, and the cult is forced to hide in their enclaves.
- The regional leader sends airplanes to hunt the player.
That’s basically how progression works. To complete the game, you’ll need to hit the resistance meter threshold in all three regions, then confront Joseph Seed himself. There are multiple endings you can unlock after that (a good / bad ending) but that falls on your choice. Remember, there’s always a different activity to accomplish, so if you’re ever burned out, give stunt races a try! Or go hunting and earn cash for more weapons and upgrades. Grab perk points. There are plenty of ways to tackle outposts, and the more creative you get, the better these challenges can be.