Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon Walkthrough | Part 6: Olivia’s Grand Trial
Say goodbye to Akala Island and complete the second Grand Trial in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.
There’s one last trial to complete on Akala Island in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Olivia’s Grand Trial, like all Grand Trials, is pretty basic. Instead of watching dances or selecting ingredients, all you’ll need to do is defeat Olivia’s Rock Type Pokémon. They’re high level, and getting there isn’t exactly easy thanks to multiple Trainer encounters on the way.
Beating Olivia will complete our trials on Akala Island. It’s almost time to set off for the third island, but first you’ll have to fight Team Skull grunts, and meet up with the Team Skull Admin Plumeria. She isn’t happy with how you’ve been constantly kicking Team Skull butt. After Plumeria, you’ll just have Olivia to fight. You’ll hit up some story beats and move on to the next challenge.
Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Table of Contents:
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon Walkthrough | Part 1: Captain Ilima’s Trial
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon Walkthrough | Part 2: Hala’s Grand Trial
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon Walkthrough | Part 3: Captain Lana’s Trial
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon Walkthrough | Part 4: Captain Kiawe’s Trial
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon Walkthrough | Part 5: Captain Mallow’s Trial
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon Walkthrough | Part 6: Olivia’s Grand Trial
Walkthrough | Part 6: Olivia’s Grand Trial
Next stop is the Dimensional Research Lab in Heahea City. You can travel there on-foot, or call your Charizard with the Ride Pager to fast travel there. In Heahea City, travel east along the main street to the building with the large satellite dish outside. Lillie is waiting outside.
Go inside the lab and ride the lift up to 3F — upstairs, you’ll meet Prof. Kukui’s wife, Prof. Burnet. She’ll explain a little bit about Ultra Wormholes and other weird circumstances, but all you really need to do (for now) is talk to Lillie about her past. On your way out, talk to Kukui to learn about your final trial on Akala Island — the Grand Trial!
To reach Island Kahuna Olivia, you’ll need to travel through Diglett’s Tunnel and reach Konikoni City. Diglett Tunnel is south of the PokeCenter. The tunnel is full of random wild Pokémon battles — the enemies here are Lvl. 23~ so you’ll want to be prepared. At the end of the trek, you’ll encounter a pair of Team Skull grunts.
- Battle: Team Skull Grunts
- Team: Lvl. 23 Ekans, Lvl. 23 Salandit
Leaving Diglett Tunnel, you’ll meet a strange man called the Looker. He drops some ominous hints about a Pokémon mafia — and he’ll give you a free Thunder Stone! Use it with Pikachu to evolve into Raichu.
Inside Konikoni City, enter the store with the hammer sign outfront — that’s Olivia’s store. Inside, a Pokémon will give you a note from Olivia. She wants to meet you in the Ruins of Life, past Memorial Hill. Stop at the PokeCenter and heal up, then take the alternate path from Route 9 (entrance to Konikoni) to find the road to Memorial Hill.
Memorial Hill is a short cemetery with a few Pokémon trainers and a few patches of grass you’ll need to get through. Naturally, you’ll encounter wild Ghost Type Pokémon here. Halfway through, you’ll encounter the Aether Foundation Chief and two more Team Skull grunts.
- Battle: Team Skull Grunt
- Team: Lvl. 24 Alolan Raticate
On the rocky ledge, don’t miss TM28 Leech Life. At the entrance to the Ruins of Life, you’ll also encounter one of the Team Skull Head Honchos — Plumeria. She won’t leave without a fight.
- Battle: Team Skull Admin Plumeria
- Team: Lvl. 26 Golbat, Lvl. 27 Salandit
Like all Flying Types, her Golbat is weak to Electricity. Her Salandit is a lizard that’s weak to Water or Psychic — after getting that Thunder Stone, using it to get a Raichu will make this battle pretty easy.
Olivia’s Grant Trial
Finally, you’ll be able to enter the Ruins of Life and begin Olivia’s Grand Trial. Lillie will arrive (with Burnett’s help) and heal your Pokémon before you face off against Olivia.
- Battle: Island Kahuna Olivia
- Lvl. 27 Anorith, Lvl. 28 Lycanroc,
Rock Types are weak to plenty of Pokémon — bring Fighting, Grass, Ground, Steel or Water types to your fight against Olivia. All of them will do double damage to Rock Types. Olivia uses items, so you’ll want to do as much damage as possible. Save your Z-Move for the last Pokémon (or a Pokémon you’re struggling with) and this Grand Trial should be over in a snap.
For completing the Grand Trial, Olivia will reward you with Rockium-Z. It isn’t time to leave Akala just yet — someone from the Aether Foundation wants to talk to you in Hano Grand Resort. That’s for next time, though.
More Pokémon Ultra Sun & Moon guides on Gameranx:
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: Version Differences Guide | Exclusive Pokemon List
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Catch Every Legendary | Ultra Wormholes Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Farm BP Fast | Beach Surfing Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Get Totem Pokemon | All 100 Sticker Locations
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Get Ultra Necrozma | Legendary Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: Level Up Fast With SOS Chansey | Easy XP Farming Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Boost Stats Fast | EV Training Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: Island Scan Guide | Full Schedule & Locations
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How to Evolve Poipole Into Naganadel | Ultra Beast Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How to Get 100% Zygarde Form | Legendary Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: All Move Tutors & Special NPCS Locations Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Get Shiny Pokemon Fast | Wormhole Running Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Make Easy Money, Every Day | Cash Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How to Get Every New Z-Crystal | All Z-Move Locations