Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: All Move Tutors & Special NPCS Locations Guide
Unlock the true potential of your Pokémon with these helpful NPCs, found all throughout the Alolan region in Ultra Sun and Moon.
The Alolan Islands are full of handy NPCs willing to help your Pokémon Trainer become the Champion in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon.
It’s a long journey to the top, so you’re going to want all the help you can get — and that help comes in the form of special NPCs that offer unique services to your trainer. The Move Reminder, the Move Deleter, and the various Battle Tutors can be incredibly useful, and most of these unique NPCs are completely anonymous — you’d never know they were important until you talk to them.
That holds true for the free move tutors you’ll encounter on your travels. Certain NPCs will also teach you free moves, and some of them are incredibly useful — and there’s no other way to get your hands on them. Check out the list of special NPCs below for plenty of benefits.
More Pokémon Ultra Sun & Moon guides on Gameranx:
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: Version Differences Guide | Exclusive Pokemon List
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Catch Every Legendary | Ultra Wormholes Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Farm BP Fast | Beach Surfing Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Get Totem Pokemon | All 100 Sticker Locations
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Get Ultra Necrozma | Legendary Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: Level Up Fast With SOS Chansey | Easy XP Farming Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Boost Stats Fast | EV Training Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: Island Scan Guide | Full Schedule & Locations
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How to Evolve Poipole Into Naganadel | Ultra Beast Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How to Get 100% Zygarde Form | Legendary Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Get Shiny Pokemon Fast | Wormhole Running Guide
All Move Tutors & Special NPCS Locations Guide
Ultra Sun and Moon features different locations for certain important Move Tutors, and includes vendors that will reward you with special moves in exchange for BP (Beach / Battle Points).
- Move Reminder
- Location: Mount Lanakila, PokeCenter – Right side, in a green dress.
- What Do They Do?: The Move Reminder allows you to re-learn moves your Pokémon have passed up while leveling, or moves they possessed when they were first hatched / caught.
- Move Deleter
- Location: Hau’oli City, PokeCenter – Right side, the old man near the mart.
- What Do They Do?: The Move Deleter allows you to delete (remove) moves from a Pokémon.
- Beach Tutors
- Locations: Big Wave Beach, Heahea City Beach, Ula’ula Beach
- What Do They Do?: The Beach Tutors will give you moves in exchange for BP. BP is the currency you earn for playing the Mantine Surf min-game. Very similar to the Battle Tree Tutor.
- Battle Tree Tutor
- Location: Battle Tree, Poni Island
- What Do They Do?: The Battle Tree Tutor will teach your Pokémon moves in exchange for BP — or Battle Points. Beach Points can also be used here.
Individual Move Tutors
While exploring Alola, you’ll also encounter NPCs that will teach you specific moves. These NPCs are only good for one purpose, so we’ll list the moves sorted by location, and who you need to talk to.
- Hau’oli City Mall
- Grass / Fire / Water Pledge: Talk to the NPC on the right, in the blue shop in Hau’oli City Mall. This move can be learned by Starter Pokémon of matching type from all regions / Gens.
- Frenzy Blast / Blast Burn / Hydro Cannon: Talk to the NPC on the left, in the blue shop in Hau’oli City Mall. The move is only available to fully evolved starter Pokémon of the same type. It is also available to eligible Pokémon from all regions / Gens.
- Hano Grand Resort
- Secret Sword & Relic Song: Talk to the old man in the lobby of Hano Grand Resort to learn these two moves for Keldeo / Meleoetta. These moves will transform to Resolute / Pirouette Forms in battle.
- Volt Tackle: Talk to the lounging Pikachu with its butler out front of Hano Grand Resort. Fend off meddlesome reporters and the Pikachu will give you Volt Tackle.
- Seafolk Village
- Dragon Ascent: Talk to the man in the red shirt in the Seafolk Village PokeCenter to learn this move. Only Rayquaza can use it, and it is required to enter Rayquaza’s Mega Evolution.
- Draco Meteor: The most powerful dragon-type ability can be learned in the Seafolk Village PokeCenter. Talk to the Ace Trainer near the café. Any dragon-type can learn this, including Pokémon that can transform into dragon-type with memories or other items.
Find even more Pokemon Sun & Moon guides, how-to’s and tutorials on Gameranx:
- 20 Useful Tips & Tricks Pokemon Sun / Moon Doesn’t Tell You
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: 100% Zygarde Guide | Cores & Cells Locations
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: The Best Shiny Pokemon Farming Method
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Efficiently Level Up Poke Pelago
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Find These NPCs For Free Pokemon | Gifts Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Easy Way to Raise Happiness | Friendship Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How To Stop Evolutions | No Everstone Required
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Everything You Need to Know About Pikachu
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Get Your Munchlax Mystery Gift & Snorlium-Z Now
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Get Sungaleo / Lunala | Legendaries Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Where to Find New Moves | All TM Locations
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Generation 7 Evolution Requirements Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Learn New Pokeball Throw Styles
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Catch Ditto | Rare Pokemon Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Boost Base Stats Fast | EV Farming Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All Pokemon QR Codes | Complete Gallery
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Evolve | Evolution Stones Locations Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: 6 New Features That Change Everything
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Transfer Pokedex | Compatibility Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All the Version Exclusive Pokemon | Full List
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Demo Secrets Guide & Special Events Calendar
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Preload Available Now | How to Get 12 Free Quick Balls