Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Get Ultra Necrozma | Legendary Guide
Even after completing the story, it isn’t entirely clear how to catch Necrozma, the cover star of Ultra Sun & Moon. Here’s how to get him.
Necrozma is the star of Pokémon Ultra Sun & Moon, and the Necrozma-ified versions of legendary Pokémon adorn the covers — Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings. If you want to actually capture Necrozma this time around, you’ll have to find him. When you find him, then you can fuse the big bad Ultra Beast with one of the Sun & Moon legendaries. We won’t delve into spoilers too hard here, so if you want the story preserved but still want to learn how to catch Necrozma, here’s exactly what you need to do.
In the original Sun & Moon, Necrozma was the wily final Ultra Beast your trainer could capture at the end of a lengthy post-game Ultra Beast quest, sending your trainer to various locations to (hopefully) find and defeat a variety of Ultra Beasts let loose in the Alola Region. Things are very, very different in Ultra Sun & Moon. There is no long quest to capture Necrozma, but you will have to wait until the post-game.
More Pokémon Ultra Sun & Moon guides on Gameranx:
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: Version Differences Guide | Exclusive Pokemon List
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Catch Every Legendary | Ultra Wormholes Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Get Totem Pokemon | All 100 Sticker Locations
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Farm BP Fast | Beach Surfing Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: Level Up Fast With SOS Chansey | Easy XP Farming Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: Where To Get Free Pokemon | Gift NPC Locations
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Boost Stats Fast | EV Training Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: Island Scan Guide | Full Schedule & Locations
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How to Get 100% Zygarde Form | Legendary Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: All Move Tutors & Special NPCS Locations Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Get Shiny Pokemon Fast | Wormhole Running Guide
How To Capture Necrozma | Legendary Guide
Necrozma, Pokémon #800 in the Pokedex, and a Legendary Ultra Beast (sort of) in his own right, can be captured only during the post-game of Ultra Sun & Moon. You won’t be able to capture the various other forms of Necrozma during your story encounters, but you can capture him and earn his Z-Move all at the same time after finishing the story.
- How to Capture Necrozma:
- You can only capture Necrozma during the post-game / while climbing the Mount Lanakila toward Pokémon League.
- On the path to the Pokémon League, find Necrozma in a crater in a weakened state.
- Interact with the crater, and choose to share your Z-Ring with Necrozma to restore Necrozma’s health.
- Now you can fight and capture Necrozma.
For defeating / capturing Necrozma, you’ll also get Ultranecrozium-Z and unlock Necrozma’s Z-Move. Not a bad reward, especially right before the Pokémon League!
That isn’t the end. You can fuse Necrozma with Solgaleo or Lunala to create Necrozma (Dusk Mane) or Necrosma (Dawn Wing) variants. Here’s how it works.
- How To Fuse Necrozma:
- After capturing Necrozma, Colress will appear and give you the N-Lunarizer and the N-Solarizer, key items that are required to fuse Necrozma with Solgaleo / Lunala.
- Next, go to Mahalo Trail and talk to Lillie on the trail. She’ll give you a legendary Pokémon.
- Solgaleo is exclusive to Ultra Sun.
- Lunala is exclusive to Ultra Moon.
- Now enter your inventory and select N-Lunarizer / N-Solarizer, then select Lunala / Solgaleo to create the ultimate form of Necrozma.
Not only will the Lunala / Solgaleo get a Necrozma update, they’ll also gain a Mega Evolution with a super Z-Move attack that’s completely devastating.
Find even more Pokemon Sun & Moon guides, how-to’s and tutorials on Gameranx:
- 20 Useful Tips & Tricks Pokemon Sun / Moon Doesn’t Tell You
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: 100% Zygarde Guide | Cores & Cells Locations
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: The Best Shiny Pokemon Farming Method
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Efficiently Level Up Poke Pelago
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Find These NPCs For Free Pokemon | Gifts Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Easy Way to Raise Happiness | Friendship Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How To Stop Evolutions | No Everstone Required
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Everything You Need to Know About Pikachu
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Get Your Munchlax Mystery Gift & Snorlium-Z Now
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Get Sungaleo / Lunala | Legendaries Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Where to Find New Moves | All TM Locations
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Generation 7 Evolution Requirements Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Learn New Pokeball Throw Styles
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Catch Ditto | Rare Pokemon Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Boost Base Stats Fast | EV Farming Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All Pokemon QR Codes | Complete Gallery
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Evolve | Evolution Stones Locations Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: 6 New Features That Change Everything
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Transfer Pokedex | Compatibility Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All the Version Exclusive Pokemon | Full List
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Demo Secrets Guide & Special Events Calendar
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Preload Available Now | How to Get 12 Free Quick Balls