Super Mario Odyssey: All 100 Purple Coins Locations | Sand Kingdom
Collect up all the regional currency in the Sand Kingdom to unlock some fancy, festive outfits in Super Mario Odyssey.
The Sand Kingdom is a big place, so naturally you’ll find even more purple coins in the third level of Super Mario Odyssey. These shiny, triangular bits of “regional currency” can be used at the local Crazy Cap store to buy up stickers and a unique costume for Mario. The costume is what you’ll want ASAP — it’ll even unlock the door to a nearby Power Moon in Tostarena Town.
Cascade Kingdom only featured 50 Purple Coins, but the Sand Kingdom has a whopping 100. There’s a lot more area to explore and secrets to uncover, and we’re working to dig up everything we can. Below, you’ll find text descriptions for each set of coins, along with a gallery of locations we’ve found so far.
More Super Mario Odyssey guides on Gameranx:
- Super Mario Odyssey: How To Beat Every Boss | Broodals Guide
- Super Mario Odyssey: Cascade Kingdom Guide | All Moons Locations
- Super Mario Odyssey: All 50 Purple Coins Locations | Cascade Kingdom
All 100 Purple Coins Locations | Sand Kingdom
[Work-in-Progress: Check back soon for new updates!]
- 2 Coins: On a ridge between the Odyssey landing zone and the town.
- 3 Coins: Jump on the parasol outside the Crazy Cap store.
- 6 Coins: On the roof of the Crazy Cap store.
- 4 Coins: Inside the fountain in the center of Tostarena Town. Only available after completing the main story quest.
- 3 Coins: On the rooftop of the building to the right as you enter Tostarena Town.
- 3 Coins: Behind the big domed building, in the back-left of Tostarena Town.
- 3 Coins: Behind the buildings on the right side of Tostarena Town.
- 2 Coins: Ride the rocket on the roof in the back-right corner of Tostarena town. On the second set of spinning houses, you’ll see these two Purple Coins on the right.
- 3 Coins: To the left of the switch, outside the stone lattice near the start of Tostarena Ruins.
- 3 Coins: Past the Tostarena Ruins Sand Pillar flag, you’ll enter a 2D Mario section. Go to the lower-left to grab three Purple Coins.
- 3 Coins: Behind the 2D Mario circular tower above the Tostarena Ruins Sand Pillar flag, you’ll be able to see three Purple Coins along the edge of the ruin.
- 4 Coins: Drop into the pit in the back-right corner of Tostarena Ruins to enter an ice-y obstacle course. Across one of the first walkways, you’ll see two Purple Coins to the left. There are two more after you reach the second bouncy flower.
- 3 Coins: After reaching the Tostarena Ruins Round Tower flag, ride the platforms toward the large island west. The three Purple Coins are floating to the left – you’ll need to activate a shockwave to reach them.
- 4 Coins: In a secret area at the bottom of the 2D Mario section, beneath the Tostarena Ruins Round Tower flag.
8 Coins: Under the underground area beneath the Jaxi Ruins flag to find these coins. They’re spread out into three groups; 3, 2 and 3.
4 Purple Coins: On small mounds in the Jaxi Ruins area covered with deadly purple slime.
- 3 Coins: Located in the Moe-Eye Habitat, these three Purple Coins are floating above the purple slime around the central tower. Capture a statue enemy and use the shades to reveal an invisible stone path.
- 4 Coins: After leaving the Moe-Eye Habitat toward the Inverted Pyramid, turn right until you find a grooved hole along the edge. Drop down and enter the Cappy Door. There are four coins in the second invisible path room.
- 3 Coins: On a leaning pillar in the desert, northwest from the Inverted Pyramid.
- 3 Coins: At the Inverted Pyramid, when you re-enter the interior from the exterior 2D Mario section, you’ll find these three coins hidden at the top of the screen.
- 3 Coins: In an alcove at the top of the Inverted Pyramid, behind the Harriet boss arena.
Tostarena Northwest Reaches
- 3 Coins: Behind the large ruin at the Tostarena Northwest Reaches flag.
- 6 Coins: Inside the Bullet Bill maze through the Cappy door at the Tostarena Northwest Reaches flag.
- 3 Coins: Located in the Underground Temple, behind the second pair of breakable blocks.
- 4 Coins: Capture the huge tower of Goombas and walk onto the three spinning platforms to reach these high-up coins.
- 4 Coins: Located in the Desert Oasis, under the water.
More Super Mario Odyssey guides on Gameranx:
- Super Mario Odyssey: 10 Tips & Tricks To Help You Get Started | Beginner’s Guide
- Super Mario Odyssey: Collect Every Moon & Earn Unlocks | 100% Completion Guide
- Super Mario Odyssey: How To Access 2 Extra, Bonus Kingdoms | Secrets Guide
- Super Mario Odyssey: All Hidden Portrait Warp Zones Locations | Secrets Guide
- Super Mario Odyssey: Here’s Where To Find Yoshi | Secrets Guide
- Super Mario Odyssey: How To Farm Gold Coins Fast | Easy Moons Guide
- Super Mario Odyssey: How To Answer Pauline’s Quiz & Find Her Present
- Super Mario Odyssey: All Captain Toad Locations | Collectibles Guide
- Super Mario Odyssey: All Goombette Locations | Collectibles Guide
- Super Mario Odyssey: All Musical Toad Locations | Collectibles Guide
- Super Mario Odyssey: All Princess Peach Locations | Collectibles Guide