Middle-earth: Shadow of War – What Are Gems? | Game Guide
Everything from gem purity to categories.
Development studio Monolith Productions had worked hard when it comes to delivering an entertaining experience with Middle-earth: Shadow of War. The video game is a sequel to the 2014 release, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, where once again, players will be brought into the J.R.R. Tolkien crafted world.
Lined up to take place between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, players will step back into the role of the ranger Talion and the spirit of the elf lord, Celebrimbor. Noted to be three times bigger than the open-world environment players were able to explore in Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, developers behind the production is cramming in new content to enjoy as they go off on their next big journey.
Likewise, the sequel also builds up the Nemesis System when fighting against foes multiple times within the game world. Overall, the plot within Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, players will find that with the new Ring of Power, Talion and Celebrimbor agree to use it to take on the returned Sauron along with the army of foes you’ll come across.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War is available starting on October 10, 2017, for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and lastly, PC platforms. If you’re in need of a helping hand then take a look at our featured guides on the video game below.
Find More Middle-earth: Shadow of War Featured Guides On Gameranx:
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War – How To Unlock Mounts | Game Guide
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War – All Ithildin Door Puzzle Solutions | Game Guide
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War – All Web of Fate Tokens Cirith Ungol | Collectibles Guide
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War – How To Get Every Legendary Set | Collectibles Guide
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War – All Web of Fate Tokens Minas Ithil | Collectibles Guide
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor – 10 Beginner Tips & Tricks | Game Guide
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor – Farming Legendary Gear | Collectibles Guide
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor – How To Farm Mirian | XP Guide
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War – Every Edition Available | Game Guide
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War – Unlock These Early Skills For A Better In-Game Experience
- Shadow of War: Sign-Up To WBPlay For +3% XP Boost (And Why That’s Completely Optional)
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War – How To Get The True Ending | Act 4 Guide
In this particular guide we’ll go over everything you need to do in order to unlock a mount and ride it into battle. Luckily acquiring mounts is done in just two easy steps.
It’s nothing too unusual here with gems. These items are rare but can definitely boost some stats on armor and weapons you equip it to. Speaking of which, to attach a gem to a piece of gear you’ll need to unlock a slot.
Note: Gem slots on equipment will cost players 1,000 Mirian to unlock.
If you acquire a gem, you can select it to see certain stats such as what type of gem it is, the purity, and of course, what all it will add towards our protagonist when its equipped to a piece of gear.
You’ll come across gems as you progress through the game and slaughter enemies. Ultimately, these gems are not required to complete the game and they are not necessarily something to collect right from the start of your journey.