Evil Within 2: All Files, Slides & Memories Locations | Chapter 3 Collectibles
The collectibles hunt continues into Chapter 3 of The Evil Within 2. In Chapter 3, Sebastian finds himself in the Residential District of Union, a town created within the STEM system. This area is unlike other levels — instead of following a linear path, you’ll have a map and objectives to explore, including an optional […]
The collectibles hunt continues into Chapter 3 of The Evil Within 2. In Chapter 3, Sebastian finds himself in the Residential District of Union, a town created within the STEM system. This area is unlike other levels — instead of following a linear path, you’ll have a map and objectives to explore, including an optional Side Mission. The Side Mission is important if you want to track down every collectible, so make sure you complete it early.
Collectibles can be missed, so make sure you finish your hunt before entering the warehouse at the end of the main mission path. Once Sebastian enters the warehouse, the rest of the area will be locked off. There is no chapter select, so anything and everything is missable. Keep scrolling to find all the files, photographic sliders, and residual memories scattered throughout the first open map.
More Evil Within 2 guides on Gameranx:
- Evil Within 2: 9 Tips To Help You Survive The Nightmare | Beginner’s Guide
- Evil Within 2: Complete Your Arsenal With Every Gun Location | All Weapons Guide
- Evil Within 2: How To Find & Complete Every Side Mission | Optional Quests Guide
- Evil Within 2: Skyrim, DOOM & More Easter Eggs | Mystery Objects Guide
- Evil Within 2: Lockers & Locker Key Locations | Collectibles Guide
- Evil Within 2: Beat The Game To Unlock A “Cinematic” Easter Egg Experience
All Files, Slides, Memories & Object Locations | Chapter 3
There are three types of collectibles we’re covering here in The Evil Within 2 — files, photographic slides, and residual memories. Find all the locations for each type, divided by Chapter, in the guide below.
- Coffeemaker #1: Coffeemakers are a special, additional “collectible” you can use to unlock yet another achievement / trophy. There is one coffeemaker in each safe house for a total of seven in the game. Using the coffee maker will completely restore Sebastian’s health.
- File #6: Enter the Union Visitor’s Center across the street from the safe house. Find it on the reception desk, behind the computer.
- File #7: Complete the “Rogue Signal” Side Mission to access the basement of the Visitor’s Center. Another file is located there.
- File #8: To the left of the Visitor’s Center, go up the stairs and climb onto the roof. Dead Mobius soldiers are located here, along with the Broken Sniper Rifle. Check the dead soldier beside the broken rifle to get a file.
- Residual Memory #1: To the left of the Krimson Supermarket front entrance, take out your communicator to track down the memory signal and tune it to listen to the full memory.
- Residual Memory #2: Part of the “Rogue Signal” Side Mission, you’ll access an old house behind the church and find another vision of the AWOL soldiers down the hallway.
- Residual Memory #3: Continue to follow the “Rogue Signal” Side Mission to access another memory at the Auto Repair Shop.
- Residual Memory #4: Still in the Auto Repair Shop, use the switch to raise the car in the garage to reveal a hidden hatch underneath. Open it and drop down to find a memory down the path.
- File #9: From the previous memory, continue moving forward and crawl through a narrow passage. When you exit out of the crouch, look right and enter the red door. The file is on the desk.
- Look left for a door with a keypad. Enter the code  to unlock the door for a bunch of useful items.
- Residual Memory #5: At the north safe house, shoot the electrical panel by the garage with a Shock Bolt from the Warden Crossbow. That will open the garage and reveal a residual memory.
- Coffee Maker #2: Find the north safe house on the map and use a Shock Bolt on the exterior electrical panel to open the garage. From the garage, go through the door to enter the second safe house with a coffee maker in Chapter 3.
- File #10: You can also find an extra collectible file inside the second, north safe house. Find it on the white desk.
- File #11: South of the Pit Stop gas station, there’s a house with lots of special events that occur inside. Enter the strange house and go through the back hallway to the garage. The file is on the gurney.
- File #12: When you’re inside the house, lots of creepy stuff will happen. Use the TV, then enter the bedroom. A ghost will disappear — grab the file from the table where the ghost was standing.
- Photographic Slide #2: Once you enter the alternate world and appear in front of a mirror with a bloody message, turn around and run down the hallway. The slide is on the wheelchair ahead.
- File #13: Southeast from the northern safehouse, travel down the residential road and enter the third house on the right. Enter the room down the hall and collect the file on the round table.
- Collecting this file will trigger an Anima Event. These are required to collect certain items later in the story.
- Photographic Slide #3: After triggering the Anima Event, quickly grab the photographic slide off the same table where you got the file.
- Residual Memory #6: Found in the basement of the Union Visitor’s Center, only accessible if you follow the “Rogue Signal” Side Mission. Don’t forget to collect the file located down in the basement, too.
- Residual Memory #7: In the train yard along the western edge of the map, run down the long passage between two red trains from the white crashed vehicle. Far down, there’s an open train car on the right. Climb inside to find the last memory before continuing the main mission.
- File #14: Entering the warehouse at the trucking yard is a point-of-no-return. Collect everything before going inside! When you make it inside the warehouse, move on until you climb a ladder and collect the file in the first room on your left.
There are 115 collectibles total in The Evil Within 2. You’ll earn the following achievements / trophies for locating every type of collectible:
- Diligent Reader
- All files collected.
- Echoes Within STEM
- Observed all residual memories.
- Chatting With Kidman
- Talked to Kidman about all the photographic slides.
More The Evil Within 2 collectible locations:
- Evil Within 2: All Files, Slides & Memories Locations | Chapter 2 Collectibles
- Evil Within 2: All Files, Slides & Memories Locations | Chapter 4 Collectibles
- Evil Within 2: All Files, Slides & Memories Locations | Chapter 5 Collectibles
- Evil Within 2: All Files, Slides & Memories Locations | Chapter 6 Collectibles
- Evil Within 2: All Files, Slides & Memories Locations | Chapter 7 Collectibles
- Evil Within 2: All Files, Slides & Memories Locations | Chapter 8 & 9 Collectibles
- Evil Within 2: All Files, Slides & Memories Locations | Chapter 11 Collectibles