Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor – Farming Legendary Gear | Collectibles Guide
Searching for some legendary loot? Here’s how to farm for the best equipment.
Development studio Monolith Productions had worked hard when it comes to delivering an entertaining experience with Middle-earth: Shadow of War. The video game is a sequel to the 2014 release, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, where once again, players will be brought into the J.R.R. Tolkien crafted world.
Lined up to take place between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, players will step back into the role of the ranger Talion and the spirit of the elf lord, Celebrimbor. Noted to be three times bigger than the open-world environment players were able to explore in Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, developers behind the production is cramming in new content to enjoy as they go off on their next big journey.
Likewise, the sequel also builds up the Nemesis System when fighting against foes multiple times within the game world. Overall, the plot within Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, players will find that with the new Ring of Power, Talion and Celebrimbor agree to use it to take on the returned Sauron along with the army of foes you’ll come across.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War is available starting on October 10, 2017, for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and lastly, PC platforms. If you’re in need of a helping hand then take a look at our featured guides on the video game below.
Find More Middle-earth: Shadow of War Featured Guides On Gameranx:
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War – What Are Gems? | Game Guide
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War – How To Unlock Mounts | Game Guide
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War – All Ithildin Door Puzzle Solutions | Game Guide
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War – All Web of Fate Tokens Cirith Ungol | Collectibles Guide
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War – How To Get Every Legendary Set | Collectibles Guide
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War – All Web of Fate Tokens Minas Ithil | Collectibles Guide
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor – 10 Beginner Tips & Tricks | Game Guide
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor – How To Farm Mirian | XP Guide
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War – Every Edition Available | Game Guide
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War – Unlock These Early Skills For A Better In-Game Experience
- Shadow of War: Sign-Up To WBPlay For +3% XP Boost (And Why That’s Completely Optional)
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War – How To Get The True Ending | Act 4 Guide
In this particular Middle-earth: Shadow of War guide, we’ll go over how to acquire legendary gear within the world of Middle-earth: Shadow of War. Take a look at some tips when farming for exotic and legendary equipment.
Tip #1 Chests
One of the easier means of coming by legendary gear is through chests. Not only can you come across them while freely exploring, you can purchase extra chests within the marketplace. Keep in mind that there are three different chests that players can obtain within the game.
- Mithril Chests
- Contains four legendary pieces.
- Gold Chests
- Contains at minimum one legendary piece.
- Silver Chests
- Not guaranteed to have a legendary piece.
Tip #2 Orcs
More specifically, players will need to hunt down and farm Legendary Orcs which are already powerful. This is to be expected if you’re looking for legendary gear pieces to drop, you’ll need to fight off some powerful enemies.
There are a number of Orcs available within the game, but the best chance for legendary drops to happen is through killing Legendary Orcs. Again, be prepared to find a tough battle when facing against these specific Orc types.