Cuphead: How To Defeat Sugarland Shimmy | Boss Guide
Sugarland Shimmy boss breakdown guide.
Cuphead, developed by StudioMDHR Entertainment, is a run and gun platform indie title. Overall, the narrative follows Cuphead and his brother Mugman, as they end up making a terrible bet against the devil. Losing the bet, Cuphead and Mugman are forced to give their souls to the devil, but it seems that our protagonist duo can save themselves if they go out and collect debts.
The devil has a number of souls that are owed to him by other sorrowful cartoon characters. If Cuphead and Mugman can go out and collect all the souls then the devil may just allow them to keep their own souls in return. However, debt collecting is easier said than done, both Cuphead and Mugman will have a difficult road ahead of themselves.
Most of the game is based around boss battles and each can be rather difficult to go through. However, if you need a hand then look no further, we’re here to offer a guide on how to defeat each boss in the video game.
You will want to take notice that the game will force players to go through boss battles in regular mode in order to claim the souls. If you’re having a difficult time defeating a boss then go through the simple mode a few times to get the hang of things before attempting the regular session which will up the difficulty.
Without further ado, check out the boss guide down below along with our other boss guides for Cuphead.
Find More Cuphead Guides Featured On Gameranx
- Cuphead: How To Defeat Root Pack | Boss Guide
- Cuphead: How To Defeat Clip Join Calamity | Boss Guide
- Cuphead: How To Defeat Mausoleums | Boss Guide
- Cuphead: How To Defeat Ruse of an Ooze| Boss Guide
- Cuphead: How To Defeat Threatenin’ Zepplein | Boss Guide
- Cuphead: How To Defeat Floral Flury | Boss Guide
- Cuphead: How To Defeat Carnival Kerfuffle | Boss Guide
- Cuphead: How To Defeat Aviary Action | Boss Guide
- Cuphead: How To Defeat Pyramid Peril | Boss Guide
- Cuphead: How To Unlock Secret Black-and-White Mode | Secrets Guide
- Cuphead: All Coin Locations Within World 3 & Finale | Collectibles Guide
- Cuphead: All Coin Locations Within World 2 Inkwell Isle 2 | Collectibles Guide
- Cuphead: All Coin Locations Within World 1 Inkwell Isle | Collectibles Guide
Sugarland Shimmy Boss Guide
Sugarland Shimmy has a number of bosses to defeat while the main antagonist seeks to save heaven in the candy castle.
The first wave will start with a jumping cupcake which will jump and splat down on the ground. This is an easy one to avoid while firing at. Afterwards, you’ll be up against a giant jawbreaker which moves in a big circle and is a bit slow. As such, you can make use of the floating platform and attack it freely.
Once the jawbreaker is dealt with, you’ll take on a gumball machine that will run back and forth shooting out gumballs. Meanwhile, the main antagonist, Baroness Von Bon Bon will shoot down a candy projectile with a makeshift candy shotgun.
When you defeat the gumball machine, you’ll face against the candy castle and Baroness Von Bon Bon as a whole. You’ll need to move backward while firing at the duo. There will be a few candy projectiles to avoid such as a giant peppermint, though they are easy to avoid.