Destiny 2 How To Complete The Pyramidion Strike | Walkthrough
Here’s how to complete The Pyramidion Strike.
Destiny 2 has officially released for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms. PC gamers will have to wait just a little bit longer before they can get their hands on a copy.
With the game officially out, you may be slowly going through the available Strikes. If you’re in need of a hand on how to complete them then check out our guides below. In this guide, we’re going to be covering how to complete The Pyramidion Strike.
Find More Destiny 2 Strike Guides On Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: How To Complete Inverted Spire Strike | Walkthrough
- Destiny 2: How To Complete Exodus Crash Strike | Walkthrough
- More Strikes Coming Soon!
Strike Power Level
- At least 140
- 230 Power Required
The start of this strike will be dealing with waves of Vex enemies. It’s best that you have at least three teammates to go through this Strike as two players can position themselves on a pillar to snipe down enemies while a remaining brute player can go full assault on the ground.
Your main objective at this point is to take out the waves of Vex and then stand on the two platforms on the ground in order to open up the Pyramidion temple.
Steps / Laser Traps
- Genesis Mind
As you progress through the Strike, you’ll need to make your way into the gigantic stepped chamber which will be guarded by some Goblins. Take care of the Goblins and proceed down the steps.
- Note: Players will be facing against teleported Goblins and a Minotaur while on the steps.
At the bottom of the steps you’ll come across a few laser traps. They are easy to pass by, either by walking through the openings, dropping over, or sliding under.
After you had landed from the laser trap drop, you’ll be facing against a slew of more enemies. Before progressing further into the chamber, take out the few enemies in your immediate view and then head into exterior chamber where there will be a plethora of Goblins, Minotaurs, and Harpies.
- Note: Use one Super on the slew of enemies to greatly reduce numbers.
Keep your team from going into the chamber and instead focus on taking the enemies out from afar while also using grenades.
Once cleared, continue towards the warpgate arches and fight off a swarm of Harpies in which after destroyed, the warpgate will open allowing you to enter.
Altar / Laser Puzzle
After you enter the warpgate, there will be another series of lasers you’ll have to progress through. These are a bit more tricky compared to the past lasers you’ve dealt with in this strike.
Instead of being static, the lasers will turn on and off after a brief amount of time. Memorize the laser movements before you progress and drop down onto the altar room.
While inside the altar room players will be tasked with activating three altars.
- Note: These altars are similar to the areas you stood on in order to enter the temple at the start of this strike.
Before you start to activate the altars, thin out the various enemies, which include Goblins, a Minotaur, Hobgoblins, and Harpies. After you activate each altar, a swarm of Minotaurs and Goblins will appear followed by a Hydra after all three altars have been activated.
When you have progressed through the altar area, your team will come across a long conduit hallway with a series of moving lasers. Midway into the hallway you’ll deal with a slew of Hobgoblins, Goblins, and Harpies.
- Note: This area may look intense, but if you time your sprint, you can quickly run through the conduit hallway with ease.
Deal with the enemies and time your sprint across the hallway until you reach the teleporter.
This area is a bit like the altar section of the strike as you’ll be dealing with swarms of enemies. Located in the area will be stationary Cyclopses, a Minotaur, and Goblins. The latter two enemies mentioned will appear by the network towers that must be hacked.
- Note: Keep your team together as this can be a difficult swarm of enemies to face while spread out.
Take your time in this area and focus on one tower at a time rather than splitting off to complete the task at hand.
After you have gone through the warpgate and found yourself at another altar chamber with bottomless drops, your team will be facing against the boss which is the Boss Hobgoblin, the genesis mind of the Pyramidion.
- Note: The Boss Hobgoblin will appear at the edge of this arena and can retreat to a raised perimeter.
Stick together and fire at the bosses weak spot which is his head. Fire everything you got while also tossing sticky grenades if you have them. You’ll know that he’s taken a significant amount of damage as he’ll retreat and raise up a white shield.
When the Boss Hobgoblin raises his shield then that will trigger a swarm of Goblins to be summoned. Take out the Goblins and then stand on the altar circle which will weaken the Boss Hobgoblins white shield.
After a brief amount of time another swarm of Goblins will be unleashed, again, take care of these enemies followed by moving to the second altar circle in order to bring down the Boss Hobgoblin shield.
This time around it’s best to keep your distance and use ranged weapons to take out the enemy until the Boss Hobgoblin reveals a read head slit which will offer players a chance to deal a massive amount of damage.
- Note: When the red starts to glow, strafe to the side as the Boss Hobgoblin will fire his rifle.
Repeat this entire process until the Boss Hobgoblin loses a third of this health. At this point, players should take cover as the boss will rampage through the arena. Afterwards, fire at his head or use a Super, but don’t go overboard with the Super ability as the boss can teleport meaning you may waste the Super before being able to land it effectively.
- Note: The Boss Hobgoblin will add a new attack around this point which will be tossing out purple flames that will ignite the area around you. Hop out of the way when this happens.
At just one-third of his health available, players will find that the Boss Hobgoblin will summon Harpies, Goblins, and Fanatics to help him in the fight.
Take down the lesser enemies before dealing with the Boss Hobgoblin which shouldn’t take much more before his chest will open up with a white glow. When this happens, aim at the chest and continue to fire at it until the boss is finally defeated.
Find More Destiny 2 Guides Featured On Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: Soccer Balls, Lava Skin & Bonus Keys | New Social Easter Eggs
- Destiny 2: How To Get The Scout Commander Aura | Farm Secrets Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Activate All 8 Heroic Public Events | Secret Events Guide
- Destiny 2: Dawnblade Breakdown | Class Guide
- Destiny 2: Arcstrider Breakdown | Class Guide
- Destiny 2: Sentinel Breakdown | Class Guide
- Destiny 2: Striker Breakdown | Class Guide
- Destiny 2: Gunslinger Breakdown | Class Guide
- Destiny 2: Voidwalker Breakdown | Class Guide
- Destiny 2: Nightstalker Breakdown | Class Guide
- Destiny 2: Dawnblade Breakdown | Class Guide
- Destiny 2: Sunbreaker Breakdown | Class Guide