Destiny 2: Here’s The Best Way (So Far) To Farm Exotic Engrams
Exotic Engrams are the rarest and best Engrams in Destiny 2, and you’ll have to be very lucky to get them — unless you join Heroic Public Events.
Exotic Engrams are extremely rare in Destiny 2. There’s a slim, slim chance you’ll earn them at any point in the Campaign while gunning down boss monsters and beating Public Events, but your chances are so low it’s pretty likely you’ll never spot a single Exotic Engram for 20+ hours of gameplay. If you’re tired of bad luck and want to improve your chances to earn Exotic Engrams, you’ll need to complete Heroic Public Events.
Heroic Public Events are special, secret versions of standard Public Events with a much higher challenge and more difficult enemies. Public Events can become Heroic Public Events when you complete specific objectives during the event — we’ll go over one type of event below that should help get you started on your Exotic Engram hunt.
More Destiny 2 guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: 10 Things You Should Know Before Starting | Beginner’s Guide
- Destiny 2: Here’s How End-Game Power Levels Work | 260+ PL Guide
- Destiny 2: Soccer Balls, Lava Skins & Bonus Keys | New Social Easter Eggs
- Destiny 2: What Role Is Best For You? | Titan, Warlock & Hunter Class Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get Legendary Shards | Exotic Currency Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Earn (Or Buy) A Sparrow | Mount Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get All New Subclasses | Artifact Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Unlock The Crucible | PVP Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get The Scout Commander Aura | Farm Secrets Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get Every Exotic Weapon | All Exotics List
- Destiny 2: How To Get Exotic Engrams | Farming Method Guide
How To Farm Exotic Engrams
There are plenty of ways to earn Exotic Engrams in Destiny 2. Most are completely random, and there’s always a very, very small chance that you’ll get an Exotic Engram. The following events (and special events) have a chance to drop an Exotic Engram:
- Completing Public Events.
- Killing Powerful (Yellow Health) Enemies.
- Returning to Tyra Karn After Completing the Campaign. (One guaranteed Exotic Engram.)
Exotic Engrams will always give you either an Exotic Weapon or an Exotic Armor piece. That makes Exotic Engrams by far the most valuable Engrams, and even if you get something you don’t want, you can dismantle Exotics for 10 Legendary Shards — which is the currency Xur uses to trade new Exotic weapons.
Currently, there’s no fast method to farm Exotic Engrams. That’s by design — Bungie doesn’t want you to unlock the 15+ Exotic Weapons too quickly. But, you can take advantage of the Public Event system to earn almost guaranteed Exotics.
Farming Exotic Engrams In Heroic Public Events
As stated in the intro, Heroic Public Events are harder versions of regular Public Events, and can be activated by interacted with the Public Events in a very specific way. Completing Heroic Public Events will significantly increase your chances of earning an Exotic Engram.
- How to Activate the Arsenal Walker Heroic Public Event
- When an Arsenal Walker Public Event begins in The Rig or Siren’s Watch on Titan, you’ll need to shoot the legs to disable them.
- As you shoot the Arsenal Walker legs and disable them, orbs will drop. Collect the orbs and deposit them in the shield devices surrounding the Arsenal Walker.
- Use two orbs on each shield generator. There are three Shield Generators around the Arsenal Walker.
- When all three are taken down, the Heroic Public Event will begin.
Walkers will spawn in public events at the EDZ (Sunken Isles, The Outskirts), and Titan (The Rig, Siren’s Watch) — that’s a good place to start, but any Heroic Public Events will work.
Check out more Destiny 2 guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: Dawnblade Breakdown | Class Guide
- Destiny 2: Arcstrider Breakdown | Class Guide
- Destiny 2: Sentinel Breakdown | Class Guide
- Destiny 2: Striker Breakdown | Class Guide
- Destiny 2: Gunslinger Breakdown | Class Guide
- Destiny 2: Voidwalker Breakdown | Class Guide
- Destiny 2: Nightstalker Breakdown | Class Guide
- Destiny 2: Homecoming Walkthrough | Beta Guide