Star Wars: Battlefront 2: Release Date, Settings, Heroes | Everything We Know (So Far!)
Everything we know so far!
After taking consideration from the gamers who picked up Star Wars: Battlefront, the 2015 reboot, EA has managed to do some fine tweaking and is delivering a sequel that they hope will be satisfactory for the fans.
With new details about the game released during E3 this year, we have listed down everything we know about the game so far down below.
What’s The Story
Unlike the 2015 reboot, Star Wars: Battlefront, the upcoming sequel will feature a single-player campaign, which is something that players expressed an interest for in the past. Within the narrative, players take on mainly the role of Iden Versio.
Iden Versio is the commander for the Inferno Squadron, a unit within the Imperial Special Forces. After Iden witnesses the destruction of the Second Death Star, she vows to avenge the Emperor.
EA has noted that the game will span thirty years from the start of the Galactic Civil War to the destruction of the Starkiller Base. Players will not be locked into Iden the entire time as other playable characters will come up such as Luke Skywalker and Kylo Ren.
- Finn: One of the protagonists of The Force Awakens, Finn was once a Stormtrooper that began to question the First Order’s motives. Switching sides, Finn has teamed up with Rey, Han Solo, and Poe Dameron to take the fight against the First Order.
- Han Solo: One of the most recognizable characters within the Franchise, Han Solo is a famous smuggler who eventually took on a leading role within the Alliance and their success when destroying the Empire.
- Rey: The leading protagonist in The Force Awakens, Rey was a scavenger trying to survive on the planet Jakku. That soon changed when she bumped into Finn and BB-8, in her quest to locate the resistance and ultimately find the missing Luke Skywalker.
- Luke Skywalker: The main protagonist of the original trilogy, Luke Skywalker is undoubtedly the most recognized Star Wars character. We last see Luke Skywalker within the franchise as finally being tracked down by Rey.
- Yoda: Yoda, a member of the Jedi Council and trained Luke Skywalker, players will be able to take control of the Jedi Master in the Star Wars: Battlefront 2, multiplayer.
- Boba Fett: An infamous bounty hunter that is a genetic clone of Jango Fett.
- Captain Phasma: A Captain within the First Order that commands Stormtrooper soldiers. While confirmed for Star Wars: Battlefront 2, this character will be made available as free DLC post-launch.
- Darth Maul: Most notably remembered as the main antagonist of Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace. Darth Maul was one of the first characters to be unveiled through the trailer reveal.
- Kylo Ren: The son of Han Solo and Leia Organa, Kylo was once a student under Luke Skywalker when he turned towards the dark side. Now his current motives are to become even more powerful than his deceased grandfather, Darth Vader.
Are There Pre-Order Bonuses?
- Multiplayer Beta Access
- The Last Jedi Millennium Flacon
- Yoda’s Epic Lightsaber Mastery Star Card
- Six Star Cards for Heroes and vehicles
Available Game Modes?
- Skirmish: 2v2, 1v1
- Galactic Assault
- Starfighter Assault
Is There Any Early Access?
There are two sets of early access to the video game. Players who are a subscriber to either EA Access or Origin Access will have the option to enjoy the game on November 9, 2017, though for those who just pre-order the video game will begin to have access on November 14, 2017.
When’s The Release Date?
Gamers will have the chance to play Star Wars: Battlefront 2 before the release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi. The video game is currently set to launch on November 17, 2017, for the PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One platforms.