Injustice 2 | 10 Tips and Tricks for Beginners
Here’s 10 tips to help you get started in NetherRealm’s DC Universe fighter, Injustice 2.
At the surface Injustice 2 may look like another flashy button masher. But dig a little deeper and you will find a complex fighting game that well test not only your ability to beat your opponent through brute force but also your ability to outsmart them with calculated bluffs. Read our guide below for 10 tips and tricks for Injustice 2.
Find more Injustice 2 guides on Gameranx:
- Injustice 2 | Moves and Combos List for Every Character
- Injustice 2 | How to Unlock Every Character and Premier Skin
- Injustice 2 | Achievements Guide
10 Tips & Tricks
1. Learn how to block. You may not have to block much against the easier AI opponents but learning how to block efficiently against human players is the most important skill for winning. Holding back will block mid, high and overhead attacks and holding down will block low and mid attacks.
2. Learn as many characters as you can. This will help you to understand what you are up against when facing an opponent. Learn how each character moves, their attacks and combos and learn their strengths and weaknesses so that you can exploit them.
3. It’s also a good idea to get very good at one character. This may seem to contradict the previous tip but if you stumble onto a character that feels good to play then it would be wise to sink a few extra hours into mastering them. Play as many online matches as you can and eventually that character should become second nature to you.
4. Learn the clash system. A clash is Injustice 2’s system of making sure that the tables can turn in a fight no matter how lopsided it appears. To initiate a clash you must be on your second life bar. Simply hold down RT/R2 and press the analog stick towards the opponent. You will force a clash and be able to wager as many bars as you have available. Understanding when to set up a clash and when you’re opponent is setting you up for a clash is a major part of the game. Keep in mind that a clash can not force a kill so wager wisely.
5. Master character combos from both directions. You won’t always be on the left side of the screen so learning how to effectively combo from left and right will be needed.
6. Don’t save your meters for super moves. Sure they look great and they feel incredible to use but they’re generally the least bang for the buck thing you can spend them on. Instead practice saving them to counter an opponent’s combos to initiate a clash, or even to use them on a meter burn version of an ability. Another tip is to keep an eye on your opponent’s meter to predict what they’re going to be using it on.
7. Use your character power as much as you want. This is one meter that you shouldn’t have to micro manage, as the recharge time is short enough that you will likely never be without it.
8. Play the story mode even if you don’t care about it. NetherRealm put a lot of time into crafting the single player aspect of the game but the true benefit lies in the rewards you will earn. These will go a long way in helping your load outs be ready for online play.
9. Sell any gear that you will not use unless it’s rare. There is no reason to keep around gear with poor stats as you will be upgrading the pieces that have desired stats with regen tokens. On that note save your regen tokens for gold level gear or for upgrading pieces of gear that fit the play style you want. Do not use them on the first piece of decent gear you find. They are the game’s most effective way of min-maxing.
10. Joining a guild is a great way to meet other players who enjoy the game as much as you do. It also opens up access to daily and weekly rewards that you would otherwise not have. There should be no trouble finding a guild through the in-game browser or via codes from various fan sites and message boards. Good luck and have fun!